- What personal information do we collect?
- What we do with personal information we collect about you?
- Who do we share your information with?
- Accuracy of your personal information and your rights
- Security and storage
- Where do we transfer your information to?
- How to contact us
British American Tobacco (New Zealand) Limited (BATNZ) respects your privacy. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and our customers.
2. What personal information do we collect?
When you visit our website or contact us by any means (including by calling our customer response centre and sending any correspondence to us), we may collect any personal information that you provide to us or authorise us to collect. This may include:
- your name, date of birth and contact details (including home address, phone number and email address);
- details of transactions you carry out or orders you place through the website and information that you submit online via the website;
- details of your visits to the website and the resources that you access (which may include, amongst other things, traffic data and communication data); and
- details about other people that you provide to us with their consent (for example, in connection with promotions).
We will usually collect your personal information directly from you, unless it is not reasonable or practical to do so. We may collect personal information about you from another person if we have your consent.
BATNZ will not intentionally collect any information about anyone who is under eighteen years of age. If BATNZ becomes aware that a child has provided any information this will immediately be deleted from BATNZ’s records
In addition to the information you provide, when you use our website, we may also collect information about you and your use of our website through the use of automatic data collection tools. These tools collect certain standard information about your access and computer, such as your browser type, operating system and language, access times and your Internet Protocol (IP) address. We use the information for statistical reporting and do not link it to any named individuals.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information that we request. However, if you do not do so, it may affect our ability to provide you with products or services or further information you have requested.
If you pay for a product over this website, we use Worldpay to process your payment. Worldpay operates a secure server to process your payment details. Worldpay encrypts your credit or debit card information and authorises payment directly. Any payment transactions will be stored on Worldpay hosting services.
This means that your credit card or debit card details are never revealed to us.
Cookies enable us to provide you with a better experience by enabling the Website to know that you have visited before and in some cases to record preferences in order to personalise your visit. Cookies also assist us to analyse the profile of our visitors. These can be session cookies which are deleted when you close your browser and/or persistent cookies which remain on your computer or mobile device for a longer period of time.
To delete or stop cookies being placed on your computer refer to the help menu on your internet browser. In a few cases blocking cookies may reduce the functionality of our Website or otherwise prevent access to them depending on your chosen browser options. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org.
3. What we do with personal information we collect about you?
Use of your personal information
We (and the third parties described in section 4 below) may use your personal information:
- to provide you with information, products and services that you request and to respond to your queries (including, if required, to verify your age and identity – please refer to the “Verifying your age” section below for further details);
- to facilitate our internal business operations (including for training and for developing, maintaining and testing our IT systems and infrastructure);
- to ensure that the website’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you;
- for our internal purposes, such as quality control, website performance, system administration and to evaluate use of the website, so that we can provide you with enhanced services;
- to notify you about changes to our website or our services;
- to provide you with information about products or services that we think may interest you – please refer to the “Marketing” section below;
- to create reports to assist with future marketing;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts with you, including providing you with the products you have ordered and for billing and delivery purposes;
- to enable you to participate in the features of the website, when you choose to do so; and
- for any other purpose that you authorise or that is permitted by applicable law, including the Privacy Act 1993.
Use of statistical and aggregated information
We may monitor your use of the website and record your email address and/or IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical information about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We may collect non-personal aggregated statistics data about visitors to the website and, if applicable, sales and traffic patterns. Just to be clear, this information does not identify users in any personal capacity and we do not use this information to build profiles on individual users; it just contains generalised information about the users of the website.
Unless you have ‘opted out’ and indicated that you do not want to hear from us, if you provide us with your contact details, we may contact you by electronic means (including email or text message) and by telephone and post, with information about products and services that we think may be of interest to you. Please indicate with the relevant boxes when you create an account, or during the order process when we collect your information, if you do not want to receive such marketing communications. We may also pass your information to other organisations who may contact you to provide marketing information about their products and services by electronic means (including email or text message) and by telephone and post.
You may ask us at any time not to use your information for marketing purposes by contacting us using the details set out under the “How to contact us” heading below or by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each electronic marketing communication.
Verifying your age
As this website relates to vaping and vaping products, you will be asked to confirm that you are 18 years or over and we will keep a record of that confirmation.
We may take additional steps to verify that you are aged 18 years or over before we supply any products to you. In order to enable us to do this we will require certain information about you. This information will then be passed to our identity verification service provider who will check it against public sources of information to deliver confirmation of your identity and age. In order to verify your identity, we may also require you to provide demographic information (such as gender and birth date) and additional personally identifiable information (such as your passport number or driving licence number) which may be used by our identity verification service provider to verify your details. This information is checked against secure independent data sources in order to help verify identity.
In some cases, we may need to ask for further information in order to verify your age. If this is necessary, we will contact you to explain why.
Failing age verification will mean you cannot complete a purchase.
4. Who do we share your information with?
BATNZ may share your personal information in the following ways:
- From time to time your personal information may be transferred to other British American Tobacco entities worldwide or to third party agents, representatives, business partners, sub-contractors or suppliers for the purposes of providing us with services, such as system maintenance and support, storage services, customer response centre services to assist us to respond to your requests (including, if required, to verify your age and identity).
- BATNZ may also disclose your personal information to other British American Tobacco entities worldwide for any of the purposes set out in section 3 above.
- BATNZ may also be required to disclose your personal information to: (i) respond to duly authorised information requests from the police and governmental authorities; (ii) comply with any law, regulation, subpoena or court order; (iii) help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights and properties of British American Tobacco or its subsidiaries; or (iv) protect the personal safety of British American Tobacco employees, third party agents or members of the public.
- BATNZ may also disclose your personal information to enforce or apply our terms or any other agreements with have with you or to protect our rights, property or our customers. This may involve exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, British American Tobacco decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganise businesses or our assets in some countries. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of your personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from prospective or actual sellers. It is British American Tobacco’s practice to seek appropriate protection for personal information in these types of transactions.
- We may share the non-personal aggregated statistics data about visitors to the website with third parties.
5. Accuracy of your personal information and your rights
BATNZ strives to keep your personal information accurately recorded. Generally, we will rely on you to update any personal information that you have provided to us.
If you would like copies of your personal information that we hold about you, or to request correction of any factual inaccuracies in that information, please contact the Privacy Officer using the details in the “How to contact us” section below.
6. Security and storage
BATNZ takes reasonable technical and organisational security measures to prevent loss or unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure of personal information you provide to us or authorise us to collect. Any third party, agent or representative of BATNZ who requires access to your information is also required to implement reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will apply our normal procedures and comply with legal requirements to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to or from the website and any transmission is at your own risk.
Links to third party websites
The website may from time to time contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those sites, please note that those sites ought to have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or for their privacy policies. Please check those privacy policies before you submit your information to those sites.
If you have a username, password or other login details which enable you to access certain parts of the website, you must not allow any other person to use them and must treat them as confidential. If you believe or suspect that someone else knows your login details you must contact us using the email address set out under the “How to contact us” heading below as soon as possible. Please also see our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
7. Where do we transfer your information to?
Any third party, agent or representative of British American Tobacco who imports personal information in the course of providing services to British American Tobacco is required to keep that information confidential and comply with national data protection laws or, where applicable, to be bound by appropriate contractual obligations that protect your personal information.
9. How to contact us
Privacy Officer of British American Tobacco (New Zealand) Limited P.O. Box 2618 Auckland 1010
Last updated: 7 January 2020